19th Year of the Showdown
Local Live Show
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Kiplinger Arena at Red Willow County Fairgrounds
Entry Deadline Tuesday, July 13, at 5:00 p.m.
All entries must include an entry form, Non-refundable $15 entry fee, Demo CD/cassette, or Video of the ONE song you wish to perform. You will be notified by Wednesday, July 14 if you are selected to perform at the live show on Wednesday, July 21.
Special Guest: Cooper James
Cooper James - Singer/Songwriter
$1,500 in Cash Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to each division.
1st - $300
2nd - $150
3rd - $50
First Place winners will also represent our show at the Galaxy of the Stars Talent Contest during this year's State Finals at the Nebraska State Fair. *Subject to availability
2021 Registration is closed.
|Year||Alpha 19+||Omega 13-18||Pup Winner 12 & Under||Best Howl|
|2020||Anna Haller||Morayah Cupp||Hadley Michaelis||Anna Haller|
|2019||Breezy Ortega||Daelyn Mues||Angelina Cruz||Daelyn Mues|
|2018||Double Treble||Blonde, Redhead & a Ukulele||Daelyn Mues||Daelyn Mues|
|2017||Alex Roe||Alivia Wasenius||Emerson Swanson||Lexi Hauxwell|
|2016||Mason Harouff||Phalen & Aubrey||Stella Klingelhoefer||Mason Harouff|
|2015||Dozer Lewis||Taylor Dack||Lanie Overton|
|2014||Adam Wolford||Rachel Gordine||Marayah Cupp|
|2013||Stacey Armijo||Pet Peeve||Melody Jones & Alex Roe|
|2012||Dee Sullivan||Lindi Johnson||Johnny Ray Scott|
|2011||Reggie Shaw||Johnny Ray||Joseph McCarty|
|2010||Lexi||Alexa Whipple||Halle Stephens|
|2009||Jessica Musil||Paul Carlon||Stacey Wehner/Stinman|
|2008||Keith Long||Alexa Whipple||Valerie Leising|
IMPORTANT Contest Details
*There will be NO Backup Band.
*Station will provide the sound system for the event.
Completed Entry Form, Non-Refundable Registration Money, and Demo MUST be turned into Coyote Country by the above dates. (Demo will not be returned) Also in order for us to produce a very "tight" running show, we will require the background track to be marked with your name and Background track number to be given to us along with your entry.
Performance order on the night of the competition will be set by Coyote Country. Because of time constraints a selection committee will screen demo material and choose the best to compete at the show.
All judging at the competition and by the selection committee is final and all Coyote Country Music Showdown rules and regulations will be followed.
Rules & Regulations
- ENTRY PROCEDURE: You must complete the registration with your registration fee and demo before the entry deadline date of TUESDAY, JULY 13, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- REGISTRATION FEE: TO ENTER A FEE OF $15.00 PER ACT IS REQUIRED.
- Individuals may perform with only one act during the Showdown.
- Performances must be done in good taste without offensive music or lyrics.
- Original music may be performed; defined as any piece written or co-written by the contestant.
- Contest Performance order will be pre-set.
- A selection committee will screen demo material & choose the best to compete.
- Tie-Breaker Place Determination:
- Highest score in Talent
- Highest score in Marketability
- Secret vote by judges
- All judging and rule interpretation at the competition and by the selection committee is final.
- Performances will be awarded 0-10 points in each of the following categories:
- Vocal/instrumental ability
- Stage presence/charisma
- Talent **Talent accounts for 40% of the overall score.**
- PROMOTIONAL AUTHORIZATION: By submitting an Entry Form, the act (and each individual member thereof) grants to Hometown Family Radio the right to utilize the act’s (and each individual members thereof) name, likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance in perpetuity worldwide for advertising, trade or any other lawful promotional purposes whatsoever, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without compensation. I/we also grant Hometown Family Radio the right to broadcast, market, sell and otherwise distribute my name, image, likeness, voice, appearance, and performance, either in whole or in parts for commercial, non-commercial television, close-circuit exhibition, home video distribution, internet or any other purpose Hometown Family Radio, in their sole discretion may determine. I/we hereby give all clearance, copyright or otherwise, for the use of my name, likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance embodied in my/our performance/stage presentation. If under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign the entry form.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By submitting this Entry Form, the act (and each individual member thereof) assumes all risks of property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the event and agrees not to bring against Hometown Family Radio any claim for property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the event.
- GOOD CHARACTER: The act agrees that it may be disqualified immediately from the competition if the act (or any member thereof) commits any act or becomes involved in any situation that would adversely reflect on Hometown Family Radio or sponsors, or bring it or any party into public disrepute.
- ELIGIBILITY: Submit any questions regarding eligibility to Hometown Family Radio.
- I/we have not performed on a record listed in Billboard, Radio and Records, or the Gavin Report within eighteen months preceding competition.
- I/we do not have a professional produced CD and/or do not sell recordings of our music
*This information is subject to change without notice.